WeBuyGold is a music-focused lifestyle brand on Instagram originally incubated at Naritiv (product has since been acquired by Hootsuite). Our creative director is DJ Khaled, and our content runs through the biggest names in pop/hip-hop and is short and social. Think MTV or Adult Swim (much of our content is animated) for the mobile generation. We are headquartered in Los Angeles and graduated from the Techstars/Disney Accelerator. Our investors include Greylock Partners (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.), Allen DeBevoise (Machinima founder and investor in Awesomeness, MiTú, Stylehaul, etc.), Chris Williams (Chief Audience Officer at Maker Studios), Adam Nash (CEO of Wealthfront), Chris Silbermann (Founding Partner of ICM) and Richard Wolpert (Accel Partners and Amplify).
As the Director of Audience Growth, you'll be responsible for reaching new audiences and driving viewership, starting with our launch platform (Instagram) but simultaneously working on strategies for how we can second-window and grow on other platforms like Facebook, YouTube and beyond. As we dive deeper on new platforms, you’ll be responsible for developing the go-to-market audience growth strategy there as well.
Who you are:
- Numbers obsessed - you crave to test and analyze
- Helped build audience for new brands or taken existing brands to the next level
- Live on mobile/digital content - from Instagram to Netflix
What you’d get to do:
- Understand audience segmentation in detail and outlining user behavior and profiles that will lead to overall audience development strategy
- Work with our team to create effective cross-promotion strategies with A-list talent
- Figure out creative ways to test things in content on platforms that weren’t designed for testing
- Work with our analytics to create tracking and reporting documents
- Develop new partnerships and work with existing partners to build effective cross-promotional strategies
- Strategize and vet new platforms to grow loyal audiences like chat services, etc
- Notice digital trends and successfully leverage them into our content strategy
Desired skills and experience:
- Provide visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis & data, creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution.
- Proven track record in analyzing complex data sets and making recommendations rooted in solid rationale and data
- Successful candidate will have demonstrable success creating and optimizing differentiated social campaigns
- Track record with social-‐ and content marketing
- Must demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments to get things done
- Strong communicator in person, over the phone, and via email